Organize Your Recipes in the Best Recipe Software!
Irish Beef Stew Recipes in fact any of the variations of Irish Stew are one of the great Irish food customs and are justifiably one of many famous Irish recipes. Unfortunately in years past it received a poor reputation from featuring in Irish pub food recipes where it was often poorly prepared.
It is not now as prominent as it was in Irish dinner recipes but still has its place.
There are in fact two types of Irish stew recipe, one using beef, below, and an Irish Lamb Stew recipe.
Irish Stew Recipes, Irish Beef Stew
Irish Beef Stew would normally use the poorer quality beef cuts. It would not be unusual to see ground/minced beef included.
5 lb Shin beef trimmed and cut in 1 inch cubes
1 lb carrots cut in quarter inch
1 lb onions. Each onion quartered
16 to 20 large potatoes potatoes halved
5 large stalks of celery cut to about 1 inch
2 Large Parsnips
2 o/z chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the beef in a large pot and cover with water do not use a lid.
2. Bring to a gentle boil for about 5 minutes and skim off all surface fat.
3. Bring to a slow boil now cover the pot and place in a 325 degree oven for about 2 1/2 hours or if cooking on a range move pot to the side and let simmer.
4. Prepare vegetables and potatoes and place them in the pot, give them a stir, season and cook for another 30- 40 minutes in the oven until nicely done.
5. Leave the parsnip and celery until about fifteen minutes from the end.
Remember a stew boiled is a stew spoiled.
Leave Irish Beef Stew Recipes and Return to Traditional Irish Recipes
Real Irish Food and Recipes Home