Good Healthy food is always an option when your stomach is growling back at you, you feel like growling at somebody,you're hungry and mealtime is still hours away.
You need a snack but will feel guilty after eating it! But wait, there is no need to feel guilty, think about the following.
have the following benefits;
1. Eating a snack might prevent you from pigging out at your main mealtime therefore actually reducing your overall calorie intake.
2. In our busy lifestyles homemade meals do not feature as often as in the past so having a snack might actually be the difference between no nutrition at all or some nutrition.
3. Younger children can only take small portions of food at any one time. This could also apply to the less active older person.
These people may be more comfortable eating smaller amounts more often.
THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM, CHOOSE HEALTHY SNACKS
All you have to do is choose;
1. Fruits and vegetables. Eating fruits and vegetables provides a feeling of fullness with no fat and only a small number of calories.
They also provide vitamins, minerals, fiber and other nutrients.
2. Nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds provide protein, which helps keep you feeling fuller longer.
Nuts and seeds contain mostly monounsaturated fat, a healthy kind of fat.
Nuts and seeds are high in calories, however, so don't eat them in large quantities.
3. Low-fat dairy products. Cheese, yogurt and other dairy products are good sources of calcium and protein, plus a variety of other vitamins and minerals.
Dairy products can be high in fat, so choose the low-fat versions. Some yogurts have a lot of added sugar, so consider "light" yogurt if you want to limit your calorie intake.
Do everyone, including yourself, a favour and choose healthy snacks!
They really are very easy and healthy and you are on to a winner all around.
Check out these delicious, easy,healthy snack recipes.
Assorted Healthy Snack Recipes
Return to Irish Recipes,Facts and Information about Ireland from Healthy Snack recipes